LOCALTOPIA IS PRESENTED BY KEEP SAINT PETERSBURG LOCAL, ST. PETE’S INDEPENDENT BUSINESS ALLIANCE. THE FESTIVAL, FOUNDED IN 2014, COLLECTIVELY CELEBRATES ALL THAT MAKES OUR CITY GREAT VIA ITS ARTS, MUSIC, FOOD, DRINKS AND CULTURE.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 22ND, 2020 | 10 AM – 5 PM
RAIN DATE: FEBRUARY 29TH
WILLIAMS PARK | 330 2ND AVE N, 33701
JOIN THE FACEBOOK EVENT >>> HERE <<<
*** Please consider alternative transportation ***
–> Bike Valet will be available at Williams Park <–
A LIMITED AMOUNT OF ON-STREET PARKING IS AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT DOWNTOWN.
WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE PARKING GARAGES:
SUNDIAL ST. PETE GARAGE *ENTRANCE TO PARKING GARAGE IS AT 117 2ND STREET NORTH, 33701
NEW MUSEUM OF THE AMERICAN ARTS AND CRAFTS MOVEMENT GARAGE – 350 3RD STREET NORTH, 33701
FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH | 212 3RD STREET NORTH, 33701 (ACROSS FROM WILLIAMS PARK) – THEIR PARKING LOT WILL BE AVAILABLE AT $10/CAR (CHURCH FUNDRAISER)
LOCALTOPIA is St. Pete’s largest “Community Celebration of All Things Local.” The festival showcases *over* 200 of our city’s favorite independent businesses and community organizations. The event features:
- MAKERS & MERCHANTS: Selling Art & Handcrafted Goods, Artisanal & Plant-Based Food & Beverages, Body/Self-Care, Books, Clothing & Accessories, Home Decor, Jewelry, Pet, Plants & Plant-Based Products, Vintage, Vinyl & Much More!
- VILLAGES: Arts Village | Family Village | Health & Wellness Village | #AllThingsPlants Village
- EAT, DRINK & PLAY LOCAL: 4th Street: Food Truck Rally Alley | 2nd Avenue: Restaurant Row + Local Breweries Pouring Their Own Brews + Games | Locally-made Beverages & Sweet Treat Vendors in Williams Park + the Bubble Room by the Bandstand (Prosecco, Cider & Hard Seltzer) | “Local Thirst Stations” (Dotted around the Park, on 3rd Street and on 2nd Avenue) Selling Local Beer in Cans + canned local Mermosa Wine & More
- 3RD STREET: DJ Sugar Bear | Boutiques | Vendors on Wheels | Literary Corner | Skate | Street Fun | NEW FOR 2020: EXPANSION ON 3RD STREET: *New to LOCALTOPIA Vendors* + SECOND STAGE
- LIVE LOCAL MUSIC on the Williams Park Bandstand + NEW FOR 2020: SECOND STAGE on 3rd Street
- ENGAGING ACTIVITIES for All Ages, Free Demos & Crafts, “Biggest Local Raffle,” Live Screen Printing, Photo Booth and More Surprises!
LOCALTOPIA is organized by Keep Saint Petersburg Local (KSPL), a non-profit organization, affiliated with the American Independent Business Alliance, working to build a thriving local economy and a unique community. KSPL does this by nurturing connections for and acting as the voice of locally-owned, independent businesses and by raising awareness of the importance of buying local.
KSPL was founded on November 19, 2011 and was officially launched on January 31, 2012. The first LOCALTOPIA took place on February 1, 2014. LOCALTOPIA is also KSPL’s annual anniversary celebration. Learn more about KSPL and the Alliance’s members HERE.
February 22, 2020 (Rain Date: February 29, 2020)
Williams Park | 330 2nd Avenue North + Park’s Surrounding Streets (4th Street between 1st & 2nd Avenues North – old bus lane + 2nd Avenue between 3rd & 4th Streets North + 3rd Street between 1st and 2nd Avenues North)
Yes, and we’d like for it to remain a free community event. However, it costs a lot to put on the largest festival celebrating all things local! Please consider a (minimum) $5 donation upon arrival to spread the local love. Donation points can be found at all entrances.
Thanks for asking! This grassroots, volunteer-powered festival would not be possible without our awesome volunteers! VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP LINK COMING SOON.
The largest “Community Celebration of All Things Local” in St. Pete is community funded and would not be possible without the support of our incredible sponsors! Please contact KSPL on (813) 500-7708 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about sponsorship opportunities.
Our new “Community Sponsor” Level ($500) offers the following benefits to existing KSPL members/locally-owned, independent businesses in St. Pete/local non-profits:
- Name/logo as part of the continuous video loop playing during the festival on the Williams Park bandstand’s screens
- Two sponsor announcements by festival MC (one in the morning, one in the afternoon)
- Name/logo on Localtopia website + the Localtopia Facebook event (business’ Facebook page will be tagged)
- Included in a sponsors shout-out on main KSPL Facebook page and on the Localtopia Facebook event
- Name/logo included at the end of the festival recap video
- $60 worth of KSPL merchandise or 10 beer tickets (pre-arranged collection prior to festival)
We are so incredibly proud to showcase *over* 200 of our city’s favorite independent businesses and community organizations! Expect even more local goodness for the 2020 festival! We’re expanding down 3rd Street, allowing for even more vendors (nearly 250 in total!). Check out the amazing list of 2019’s participating vendors HERE. The list of 2020 vendors will be published in November. Be sure to support them the day of the festival (and beyond) because our community matters!
P.S. Most of them are participating in the “Biggest Local Raffle”. Don’t miss out on winning lots of local goodness! Buy your raffle tickets at the Welcome Center/Local Thirst Stations and make your way around to as many vendors as you can to check out their prizes!
Interested in becoming a vendor for Localtopia 2020?
👉 EARLY BIRD VENDOR REGISTRATION LINK: 👈 bit.ly/localtopia2020earlybird 👀 PLEASE READ *EVERYTHING* BEFORE YOU REGISTER! 👀
You’ll be eating and drinking locally to your heart’s content at LOCALTOPIA! Head over to 4th Street for the “Food Truck Rally Alley,” on 2nd Avenue is where you’ll find “Restaurant Row” + our local breweries pouring their own brews. Snack your way around Williams Park as vendors entice you with their sweet treats as you stroll. You’ll also find “Local Thirst Stations” dotted around the Park, on 3rd Street and on 2nd Avenue, at which you can buy canned local beer, canned local Mermosa wine, draft beer tickets, water and KSPL merchandise. Hit up the Bubble Room by the Bandstand for Prosecco, Cider and Hard Seltzer. Non-alcoholic beverage vendors (coffee, juice and more) are located within the park, on 3rd Street and cold-brew coffee on 2nd Avenue. Full list of your Eat & Drink options HERE (Note: List of 2020 participating vendors will be published in November).
Absolutely! There’s a whole Family Village for our local families to enjoy! Here’s what we had at our 2019 festival (full details on our 2020 festival TBA):
The NOMAD Art Bus will be on 3rd Street (nearest 1st Ave N) for bus painting fun, alongside the NEW makeme studio camper, “Miss Clementine,” which made its debut at the festival. Step inside for craft-making for all ages. On the other end of 3rd Street (nearest 2nd Ave N), you’ll find the Literary Corner with the Bluebird Books Bus, two typewriter poetry stations (have a poem composed & typed up just for you!), a “build your own book” activity, plus a book & zine exchange (bring a book, or take one home for a donation), plus book and letterpress vendors.
Healthy St. Pete will be on the grass in the Family Village area inside Williams Park for Family Fitness & Fun. The Tampa Bay Rowdies will also be in the Family Village – look out for their mascot, Pete the Pelican!
Hoop and dance the day away by the Bandstand. On 2nd Ave N, you’ll find the new Park & Rec Game Experience + more games nearest the corner of 4th Street. Also on 2nd Ave N, right by Restaurant Row, you can make some memories inside the Rollin’ Retro vintage VW bus photo booth.
We know it takes a village to raise a child. LOCALTOPIA has several villages! Check them all out HERE.
Because we love our furry friends, we want to ensure that they (and our human friends) stay safe, so we request that you please leave pets at home. Thanks for your cooperation!
Every year we try to make our festival as sustainable as possible! As of our 2018 festival. we’ve eliminated single-use plastics & Styrofoam at the event! Not only are vendors committed to eliminating plastic, we’ve also gone one step further. KSPL does a bulk-buy of compostable items for vendors to use.
Our partnership with the City of St. Petersburg’s Sustainability & Resiliency Manager and the Suncoast Surfrider Foundation, allows us to incorporate more sustainable resources & initiatives.
Yes. There will be several ATMs within the festival’s footprint. Alcohol, water and merchandise purchases at KSPL’s “Local Thirst Stations” and Welcome Center will be CASH ONLY. Most vendors will be able to take cards.
A limited amount of on-street parking is available throughout downtown.
Wheelchair Accessible Parking Garages:
Sundial St. Pete Garage *Entrance to Parking Garage is at 117 2nd Street North, 33701
NEW Museum of the American Arts and Crafts Movement Garage – 350 3rd Street North, 33701
*** NEWLY ADDED PARKING LOCATION: First United Methodist Church | 212 3rd Street North 33701 (across from Williams Park) – Their parking lot will be available at $10/car (Church Fundraiser)
All entrances to Williams Park will be open. Streets closed for LOCALTOPIA:
- 2nd Avenue between 3rd and 4th Streets North
- 3rd Street between 1st and 2nd Avenues North (1st Ave N heading west will be open, but parking spaces next to the park will not be available)
- The old bus lane on 4th Street North will also be closed (4th St N heading south will still be open)
There will be a few seating areas within the park and on the streets. You may bring blankets to sit on the grass, but no chairs.
Please leave the following items at home:
- Business cards/flyers/promotional materials if you are not an authorized vendor – no distribution of aforementioned material or solicitation is allowed
- Weapons, illicit drugs and other contraband
- Balls, frisbees, missiles, and any other types of throwing objects or projectiles
No unauthorized vending. We ask that other festival/market organizers please respect our vendors by not soliciting them at our festival for their own events. LOCALTOPIA reserves the right to remove anyone from the festival who is in violation of these policies.
01 | Arts Village
02 | Food Truck Rally Alley
03 | Bike Valet
04 | Breweries + Park & Rec Game Experience
05 | Welcome Center + Bandstand + Bubble Room
06 | Restaurant Row
07 | Boutiques + Vendors on Wheels + DJ + Literary Corner + Skate + Street Fun
08 | Family Village
09 | Health & Wellness Village
10 | #AllThingsPlants Village