LOCALTOPIA IS PRESENTED BY KEEP SAINT PETERSBURG LOCAL, ST. PETE’S INDEPENDENT BUSINESS ALLIANCE. THE FESTIVAL, FOUNDED IN 2014, COLLECTIVELY CELEBRATES ALL THAT MAKES OUR CITY GREAT VIA ITS ARTS, MUSIC, FOOD, DRINKS AND CULTURE.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 3RD, 2018 | 10 AM – 5 PM
RAIN DATE: FEBRUARY 24TH
WILLIAMS PARK | 330 2ND AVE N, 33701
JOIN THE FACEBOOK EVENT >>> HERE <<<
*** Please consider alternative transportation ***
–> Bike Valet will be available at Williams Park <–
A LIMITED AMOUNT OF ON-STREET PARKING IS AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT DOWNTOWN.
WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE PARKING GARAGES:
SUNDIAL ST. PETE GARAGE *ENTRANCE TO PARKING GARAGE IS AT 117 2ND STREET NORTH, 33701
NEW MUSEUM OF THE AMERICAN ARTS AND CRAFTS MOVEMENT GARAGE – 350 3RD STREET NORTH, 33701
FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH | 212 3RD STREET NORTH, 33701 (ACROSS FROM WILLIAMS PARK) – THEIR PARKING LOT WILL BE AVAILABLE AT $10/CAR (CHURCH FUNDRAISER)
LOCALTOPIA is St. Pete’s largest “Community Celebration of All Things Local.” The festival showcases nearly 200 of our city’s favorite independent businesses and community organizations. The event features:
- MAKERS & MERCHANTS: Selling Art & Handcrafted Goods, Artisanal Food & Beverages, Body/Self-Care, Books, Clothing & Accessories, Home Decor, Jewelry, Pet, Plants, Vintage, Vinyl & Much More!
- VILLAGES: Arts Village | *New* Eco Village | Family Village | *Expanded* Health & Wellness Village with *New* Outdoor Spin Rides | *New* Skate Village on 2nd Avenue
- EAT & DRINK LOCAL: 4th Street: Food Truck Rally Alley | 2nd Avenue: Local Breweries Pouring Their Own Brews | 3rd Street: Restaurant Row | Locally-made Beverages & Sweet Treat Vendors in Williams Park | “Local Thirst Stations” Selling Local Beer in Cans + Wine & More
- ALSO ON 3RD STREET: DJ Sugar Bear + Boutiques + Vendors on Wheels + Street Fun
- 2ND AVENUE: Local Breweries + Skate Village with Demos & Lessons + Games
- LIVE LOCAL MUSIC on the Williams Park Bandstand
- ENGAGING ACTIVITIES for All Ages, Free Demos & Crafts, “Biggest Local Raffle,” Live Screen Printing and More Surprises!
LOCALTOPIA is organized by Keep Saint Petersburg Local (KSPL), a non-profit organization, affiliated with the American Independent Business Alliance, working to build a thriving local economy and a unique community. KSPL does this by nurturing connections for and acting as the voice of locally-owned, independent businesses and by raising awareness of the importance of buying local.
KSPL was founded on November 19, 2011 and was officially launched on January 31, 2012. The first LOCALTOPIA took place on February 1, 2014. LOCALTOPIA is also KSPL’s annual anniversary celebration. Learn more about KSPL and the Alliance’s members HERE.
February 3, 2018 (Rain Date: February 24, 2018)
Williams Park | 330 2nd Avenue North + Park’s Surrounding Streets (4th Street between 1st & 2nd Avenues North – old bus lane + 2nd Avenue between 3rd & 4th Streets North + 3rd Street between 1st and 2nd Avenues North)
Yes, and we’d like for it to remain a free community event. However, it costs a lot to put on the largest festival celebrating all things local! Please consider a (minimum) $5 donation upon arrival to spread the local love. Donation points can be found at all entrances.
The largest “Community Celebration of All Things Local” in St. Pete is community funded and would not be possible without the support of our incredible sponsors! Please contact KSPL on (813) 500-7708 or email us at email@example.com to learn about sponsorship opportunities.
Our new “Community Sponsor” Level ($500) offers the following benefits to existing KSPL members:
- Name/logo as part of the continuous video loop playing during the festival on the Williams Park bandstand’s screens
- Two sponsor announcements by festival MC (one in the morning, one in the afternoon)
- Name/logo on Localtopia website + the Localtopia Facebook event (business’ Facebook page will be tagged)
- Included in a sponsors shout-out on main KSPL Facebook page and on the Localtopia Facebook event
- Name/logo included at the end of the festival recap video
- $100 worth of KSPL merchandise or 20 beer tickets (pre-arranged collection prior to festival)
We are so incredibly proud to showcase nearly 200 of our city’s favorite independent businesses and community organizations! Have fun perusing the amazing list of vendors HERE. Be sure to support them the day of the festival (and beyond) because our community matters!
P.S. Most of them are participating in the “Biggest Local Raffle”. Don’t miss out on winning lots of local goodness! Buy your raffle tickets at the Welcome Center/Local Thirst Stations and make your way around to as many vendors as you can to check out their prizes!
You’ll be eating and drinking locally to your heart’s content at LOCALTOPIA! Head over to 4th Street for the “Food Truck Rally Alley,” 3rd Street for Restaurant Row, or snack your way around Williams Park as vendors entice you with their sweet treats as you stroll. Our local breweries will be pouring their own brews on 2nd Avenue. You’ll also find “Local Thirst Stations” dotted around the Park, 3rd Street and 2nd Avenue, where you can buy canned local beer, draft beer tickets, wine, water and KSPL merchandise. Non-alcoholic beverage vendors (coffee, juice and more) are located within the park and on 3rd Street. Full list of your Eat & Drink options HERE.
Absolutely! There’s a whole Family Village for our local families to enjoy + the NOMAD Art Bus will be on 3rd Street for bus painting fun! Our arts and culture organizations will be providing engaging activities for all ages (bus painting, crafts, sports, hooping, music and more!) all around the park. You can also watch pros perform tricks on the skate ramp that’s been especially built for the festival in the *New* Skate Village on 2nd Avenue. We know it takes a village to raise a child. LOCALTOPIA has several villages! Check them all out HERE.
Because we love our furry friends, we want to ensure that they (and our human friends) stay safe, so we request that you please leave pets at home. Thanks for your cooperation!
Our 2018 Festival will be the most sustainable we’ve held to date! We’re eliminating single-use plastics & Styrofoam at the event!
Our new partnership with the City of St. Petersburg’s Sustainability & Resiliency Manager, the St. Pete Eco-Village, and the Suncoast Surfrider Foundation, allows us to incorporate and showcase more sustainable resources & initiatives than at previous festivals, as many have only really come online this past year.
Yes. There will be several ATMs within the festival’s footprint. Alcohol, water and merchandise purchases at KSPL’s “Local Thirst Stations” and Welcome Center will be CASH ONLY. Most vendors will be able to take cards.
A limited amount of on-street parking is available throughout downtown.
Wheelchair Accessible Parking Garages:
Sundial St. Pete Garage *Entrance to Parking Garage is at 117 2nd Street North, 33701
NEW Museum of the American Arts and Crafts Movement Garage – 350 3rd Street North, 33701
*** NEWLY ADDED PARKING LOCATION: First United Methodist Church | 212 3rd Street North 33701 (across from Williams Park) – Their parking lot will be available at $10/car (Church Fundraiser)
All entrances to Williams Park will be open. Streets closed for LOCALTOPIA:
- 2nd Avenue between 3rd and 4th Streets North
- 3rd Street between 1st and 2nd Avenues North (1st Ave N heading west will be open, but parking spaces next to the park will not be available)
- The old bus lane on 4th Street North will also be closed (4th St N heading south will still be open)
There will be a few seating areas within the park and on the streets. You may bring blankets to sit on the grass, but no chairs.
Please leave the following items at home:
- Business cards/flyers/promotional materials if you are not an authorized vendor – no distribution of aforementioned material or solicitation is allowed
- Weapons, illicit drugs and other contraband
- Balls, frisbees, missiles, and any other types of throwing objects or projectiles
No unauthorized vending. LOCALTOPIA reserves the right to remove anyone from the festival who is in violation of these policies.
01 | Arts Village
02 | FOOD TRUCK RALLY ALLEY
03 | BIKE VALET
04 | SKATE VILLAGE + BREWERIES + TINY HOUSES
05 | WELCOME CENTER + BANDSTAND + BUBBLE ROOM
06 | RESTAURANT ROW
07 | BOUTIQUES, MOBILE VENDORS + STREET FUN
08 | FAMILY VILLAGE
09 | HEALTH & WELLNESS VILLAGE
10 | ECO VILLAGE