Localtopia, “A Community Celebration of All Things Local”
February 22, 2020 (Rain Date: February 29) | 10 AM TO 5 PM | Williams Park
Interested in becoming a vendor for Localtopia 2020? Please read ALL of the following BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
- Vendors must be locally-owned, independent businesses (no franchises | no independent distributors/multi-level–marketing/direct sales companies, e.g. doTerra, LuLaRoe, Rodan + Fields, Scentsy, The Pampered Chef, etc.).
- Only one vendor may be represented per booth/vendor space – no sharing.
- Businesses *MUST BE* based in the City of St. Petersburg (with no corporate headquarters outside of Pinellas County).
- Vendors must be members of Keep Saint Petersburg Local (same rules as above apply to members). Membership needs to be active until *at least* February 2020. Current Members: Please check your membership expiration date and renew accordingly. If you are not currently a member, you will need to join our Independent Business Alliance HERE: > keepsaintpetersburglocal.org/become-a-member < BEFORE completing your vendor registration below.
- Being/becoming a member and completing the vendor registration does NOT guarantee you will be selected as a vendor; however, you will need to have paid both your membership (through *at least* February 2020) and the vendor fee in order to be considered.
- KEEP SAINT PETERSBURG LOCAL (KSPL) RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SELECT ALL VENDORS. Localtopia is a thoughtfully-curated event with a maximum of 2-3 vendors per category (exceptions: jewelry & clothing). Please note the following about certain categories:
- T-shirts: There will be a maximum of 3 spots for vendors selling only T-shirts. Please note that T-shirt designs must be vendor’s own creations. T-shirt-only vendors will be determined by a lottery (post-curation). Only the 3 selected vendors may sell T-shirts. Clothing boutique vendors may include T-shirts among their product mix, up to 20%.
- Jewelry: Preference will be for handcrafted jewelry. Only the selected jewelry-only vendors may sell jewelry. Clothing boutique vendors may include jewelry among their product mix, up to 20%.
- Coffee: Coffee (beans/beverages) must be locally-roasted/brewed.
- Pet: Localtopia has always had pet-focused vendors, however, please note that it is NOT deemed a pet-friendly event due to the large crowds. Because we love our furry friends, we want to ensure that they (and our human friends) stay safe. Pet-focused vendors will be asked to help the festival spread the message to the community that pets be left at home.
- Non-Profits/Community Organizations: There will be a limited number of Non-Profit/Community Organization vendor spaces. These will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish for your *local* non-profit/community organization to be considered as a vendor (no national organizations).
- Table-only (no booth/tent, just space for a 6′ table), reduced price “incubator” spots: There will be a limited number of “incubator” spots available for businesses that wish to debut at Localtopia, trial a new product, are artists/makers with limited inventory, etc. These will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Please email email@example.com if you wish to be considered for one of the “incubator” spots (all the above rules also apply to these spots).
- SUSTAINABILITY Localtopia strives to be as sustainable an event as possible, with more eco-friendly practices and initiatives introduced at each year’s festival. All vendors must commit to NOT use any single-use plastic items (plastic packaging bags, plastic cups, plastic straws, plastic cutlery, wax-coated cups, wax paper, to-go containers, etc.) and/or Styrofoam, replacing these with compostable or paper products. Vendors, especially food/beverage vendors, also commit to using the compostable products approved by the festival.
- VENDORS AS PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS Vendors are expected to help promote Localtopia as much as possible via their respective social media channels, websites, blogs, email blasts, etc. This also includes inviting the maximum number allowed to the Facebook event created by KSPL. Should you be selected, you will be sent further instructions for promotion, which will need to be followed.
- All vendors will be selected by November 4th. If you are not selected, your vendor fee will be refunded by November 4th.
2020 VENDOR FEES (Early Bird)
- Business Vendor (Retail/Services) – $200 (10’ x 10’ booth space – tent & tables NOT included)
- Food Vendor (Restaurant/”Hot” Food/Food Truck) – $275 (Space for food truck + generator OR 10′ wide x 20′ deep booth space if “hot food” vendor *generator/power NOT provided*)
- Please note that Restaurants/”Hot” Food/Food Truck vendors will need to supply their own generators (you will be placed on the street/not in the park).
- Snack/”sweet treat”/beverage businesses should register as “Business Vendor”
There are only a handful of spots with electricity available inside the park and there will be a surcharge of $25 if your booth requires electricity. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE APPLYING if you will require electricity. Please feel free to contact us via email@example.com with any further questions.
NOW THAT YOU HAVE READ ALL OF THE ABOVE, YOU CAN USE THE FORM TO THE RIGHT TO REGISTER –>
REMINDER: You must be a member of KSPL to register for Localtopia (membership needs to be active until *at least* February 2020). Current Members: Please check your membership expiration date and renew accordingly. If you are not a member, please join here FIRST. Then, choose the type of vendor for which you are registering.